At Reconext, we relate our success directly to the strength of our management team. To continue operating at our high standards, we are seeking a general manager who’s a born leader. The general manager is responsible for effectively and profitably managing all aspects of the operation by directing, guiding, and providing overall leadership to a site within a global company. The general manager will develop the Site’s policies, objectives, and initiatives to achieve short and long-term profitability goals. The ideal candidate will be an expert communicator who has a strong ability to delegate responsibility and collaborate across a range of departments. The general manager should be driven by a desire to lead our business to maximum productivity and efficiency.
This position will have responsibility for running and overseeing both the Grapevine and Irving, TX locations.
- Provides strong personal leadership and leads by example to create a cohesive winning team focused on delivering exemplary performance to customers.
- Guides and coaches, the operations teams and support departments to ensure maximum performance on cost, productivity, customer service, and profitability.
- Actively manages the overall P&L and meets agreed upon corporate targets.
- Works with the Sales organization to enhance existing partnerships and develop new customer relationships to provide value added services and increase site revenues and profitability.
- Conducts reviews, productivity, and ROI analysis against operating plans to generate constant improvement.
- Champions key projects for process improvements such as reduced cycle times and improved material/inventory management.
- Identifies and analyses strategic initiatives for major business performance improvement such as lease changes and building layout.
- Actively leads Talent Management and succession planning.
- Determines and controls staffing levels to maximize net returns while maintaining satisfactory customer service levels.
- Works closely with the Regional and Corporate teams to ensure the Site is aligned with any overall changes in corporate strategic priorities or goals.
- Lead in the development and management of integrated and strategically aligned plans and priorities. Effectively communicate those to the site and ensure follow through on respective accountabilities ensuring desired outcomes and results are achieved.
- Responsible for setting top and bottom-line business/financial targets and establish operating plans priorities needed to support the achievement of these targets. Improve on internal operational efficiencies and effectiveness to deliver on and exceed these business targets.
- Establish a strong management system to govern the sites performance against customer deliverables and company objectives.
- Work in close cooperation and collaboration with other site GMs, regional support, and commercial teams to deliver on the growth objectives of the site.
- Create and foster strong relationships with clients through regular face to face interaction in support of business development and retention.
- Ensure that the site has adequate resources with the right skills and abilities to develop and sustain excellent customer relationships and satisfaction.
- Build and maintain a motivated site management team to ensure consistent achievement of goals and targets. Promote cross-functional, cross-site, cross-program, and cross-regional collaboration.
- Provide regular site business updates to the Senior Management Team as required.
Education/ Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree preferred; at least 15 years of operations experience with a minimum of 8 years spent in a senior management or general management position managing P&L with annual revenue in the range of 50M+ USD.
- Proven history of successful leadership at a senior operations level within an Aftermarket Services business including reverse logistics, repair, supply chain services solutions.
- Experience successfully leading a multi-customer, multi-commodity site with OEM customers.
- Proven history of delivering operations excellence by implementing Lean Manufacturing methodologies and principles.
- Highly organized and ability to wear multiple hats in a fast changing, fast-moving environment. Embraces and champions change as and when needed to improve on business results.
- Excellent communication and coalition building skills with an ability to balance, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Builds and fosters work relationships and teamwork – coaches and continuously develops oneself and others.
- Lead by example and take active ownership and accountability – stimulates learning and manages knowledge.
- Intrinsic motivation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Conceptual, strategic, critical thinker
- Energy, ambition, and drive to succeed - “Makes things happen.”
- Hands on
- Accustomed to achieving results through people.
- Good coaching & facilitation skills
- Change agent.
- Excellent communication skills in writing and verbally
- Personal integrity and credibility
- Shows determination to achieve excellent results.
- Focuses on the market.
- Finds better ways.
- Demands top performance.
- Inspires commitment.
- Develops self and others.