Position: Program Director
The Program Director plays a highly visible, key leadership role in directing the operations function of the Site. Responsible for profit & loss of one or more customer business units at the site. Provides leadership in developing, implementing, and achieving the operations budgetary plans while driving efficiency and productivity measures.
• Responsible for managing policy deployment in the areas of operational excellence, lean manufacturing techniques, cost reduction, complete and on-time delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, employee relations, and plant performance measures.
• Initiates and coordinates major operations related projects, (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.)
• Plans, develops and implements strategy for operational management so as to meet agreed organizational performance plans within agreed budgets and timescales.
• Works closely with engineering, materials and quality management staff to ensure customer needs and specifications are met.
• Responsible for providing leadership for problem resolution to facilitate fast improvements and improved working relationships.
• Ensures compliance through documentation that company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete and on-time delivery at the lowest possible cost.
• Key member of the Site Management team in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
• Identifies, recommends and implements changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data. Directs the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards.
• Directs, monitors and coaches direct reports to accomplish goals of the operations plans. Acts as liaison between department managers/subordinate levels, as well as executive levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes and results.
• Responsible to ensure that all personnel comply with work standards, policies, and procedures.
Education/ Work Experience:
• Bachelors or 4 year Degree in Business, Engineering or a related technical field. Master’s Degree a plus.
• 15 years of progressively more responsibility in Operations or related business experience.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a leadership role with frequent senior management and international interchange;
• Experience working in the production/manufacturing industry;
• Experience managing multiple direct reports;
• Demonstrated success in obtaining results through effective planning, communication, and effective resource management and experience managing a significant budget and/or P&L responsibility.
• Intrinsic motivation
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Conceptual, strategic thinker
• Energy, ambition and drive to succeed - “Makes things happen”
• Hands on
• Accustomed to achieving results through people
• Good coaching & facilitation skills
• Change agent
• Excellent communication skills in writing and verbally