Production Supervisor- First Shift- 4 days/10 hour shift
The production supervisor is responsible for supervising, staffing and coordinating activities of the production employees. This includes setting and monitoring the production line and WIP priorities to meet production goals and continuously improve upon production processes and systems.
- Adheres to production schedules, assigning staff to ensure that production goals are met.
- Minimizes waste and cost and ensures conformance to safety and quality standards
- Maintains and reports production-related information regarding yields, efficiencies and labor utilization to management.
- Coaches, mentors and develop team members to meet current and future business requirements.
- Drives continuous improvement, cost reduction and quality improvement projects.
- Lean manufacturing background required to assess non-value added activities and implement corrective action
- Ability to resolve conflicts, meet deadlines and schedule production to achieve on time delivery, quality consciousness and customer satisfaction.
- Plans and executes production schedule, maintain a safe inventory of raw materials, finished product, and spare parts as needed.
- Responsible for employee coaching and counselling and performance review
- Responsible for coordination and extensive contact with other production areas, engineering, production planning and quality groups, as needed to support production activity.
- May respond to customer inquiries and provide status to customer as necessary.
Education/ Work Experience:
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school.
- Minimum of three years supervisory experience in production/assembly environment;
- Possess excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and under strict deadlines
- Computer literacy, proficient in the use of Microsoft office
- Proven experience with leading and motivating and training a team of 10+
- Ability to assess situations, comprehend needs, and resolve issues in a professional and timely manner