The Production Planner & Scheduler job responsibilities may include utilizing lead times and historical performance data to create schedules, collaborating with production and material personnel to ensure streamlined operations, and conducting training on issues like demand flow for new programs. They may evaluate and determine estimated equipment set-ups, cycle times, and work center hours. They may also serve as a liaison between customer service personnel and purchasing on the scheduling of raw material purchases.
This position also monitors material flow to ensure shipping goals are met and collaborate with engineering personnel on the creation of production bills of materials. They may collaborate with information technology personnel to analyze and create enhanced functionality in manufacturing applications and may also interface with organizational stakeholders to better understand business goals and revise master schedules as needed.
- Responsible for coordinating the Sales and Operations Planning process to incorporate all known constraints (materials, manpower, equipment) versus customer unconstrained demand. The monthly process results in a build plan commit with details referencing any constraints not meeting unconstrained demand.
- Collaborates with operations, logistics, supply chain, and the customer to establish schedules and plans that allocate available resources to best serve client or customer needs.
- Utilizes supply chain data such as Clear to Build to adjust people/machine schedules to optimize material availability in support of customer requirements.
- Tracks compliance of operations to build commits in support of the customer commitment.
- Works with operations to determine the root cause of any misses to build commits to communicate clear root cause and recovery plans to the customer.
- Monitors forecasted capacity (test, manpower, equipment) vs. committed capacity. Identifies process bottlenecks and works with Engineering and Operations to clear.
- Integrates sales orders with master schedule; coordinates availability of raw materials, supplies, equipment, and staff as needed to meet delivery dates.
- Maintains master distribution schedule for the assigned facility; revises as needed and alerts appropriate staff of schedule changes or delays.
- Participates in periodic forecasting meetings with the customer, and other related departments; leads additional planning meetings with production, shipping, purchasing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of the business and supply chain.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Industrial Engineering required.
- At least five years of related experience required.
- Professional certification by the American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) preferred.