The quality manager develops, administers, and maintains quality assurance procedures and activities required to ensure that the company's products are in compliance with quality standards as required. Manages the Quality team in performing operations audit functions and drives a proactive team in improving processes throughout the organization. Additionally, the quality manager is responsible for providing leadership and guidance in regard to the Environmental Management System.
- Develops quality control and inspection procedures for receipt of materials, in process and final acceptance activities.
- Manages the site Internal Audit program. Ensures that quality and environmental audits are conducted, deficiencies are communicated and follows up on implementation of corrective actions.
- Schedules and controls inspection and audit activities on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Supervises inspectors and auditors to accomplish inspection activities.
- Develops quality standards and provides direction to all teams on areas of improvement.
- Participates in design reviews and data collection meetings to contribute quality assurance requirements and considerations.
- Reviews and document processes, ensures accuracy and completeness of SOP’s (standard operating procedures) and work instructions, and provides recommendations for improvement opportunities.
- Performs special assignments related to product support requiring the gathering and analysis of data.
- Establishes and maintains calibration procedures for instrumentation to assure traceability of instrumentation.
- Manages the site documentation center and interfaces with all levels of management at the site.
- Interfaces with customer and manages the response and tracking system to communicate any site corrective actions identified by the customer.
- Support preparing for QBR and other customer visits.
- Assures site compliance with all ISO requirements and manages the annual site ISO audits.
- Develops new quality improvement standards and implements new techniques for efficiency and quality through process controls, such as Lean and Six Sigma.
- Interfaces with customer for any quality related issues and drive implementation of necessary containments, and corrective and preventive actions using 8D methodology.
Education/ Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Quality Management or Business Administration.
- Knowledge of quality assurance and inspection procedures and techniques.
- Lean Six-Sigma and Quality Management
- Hands on experience with Quality Tool Kit (CAPA, 8D, SPC, DOE, etc.)
- Working knowledge of:
- ISO 9001 Quality Management System Standard
- ISO 14001 Standard for Environmental Management Systems.
- ISO 45001 Environmental Health and Safety.
- 27001 Information, Security and Management System
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in QA/inspection functions.
- Working knowledge of statistical process control methodologies.
- Certification in TQM areas and or Six Sigma certification highly desired
- Team Player
- Intrinsic motivation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Conceptual, strategic thinker
- Energy, ambition and drive to succeed - “Makes things happen”
- Hands on
- Accustomed to achieving results through people
- Good coaching & facilitation skills
- Change agent
- Excellent communication skills in writing and verbally
Reconext’s Leaderships Competencies:
- Shows determination to achieve excellent results
- Focuses on the market
- Finds better ways
- Demands top performance
- Inspires commitment at all levels
- Develops self and others