General Manager Job Description
Location: Grapevine and Irving, TX
At Reconext, we relate our success directly to the strength of our people and management team. To continue operating at our high standards, we’re seeking a general manager who is a born leader. This person should have experience in managing all aspects of business operations including program management, supply chain planning, inventory management, production management, Engineering, Quality, Information technology, human resources, and finance. The ideal candidate will be an effective communicator who has a strong ability to delegate responsibilities and collaborate across a range of departments. Ultimately, the general manager should be driven by a desire to lead our business to maximum performance in quality, productivity and profitability. This position will have responsibility for managing both Grapevine and Irving , TX locations.
Objectives of this role:
- Accountable for profit and loss of the site: weekly, monthly, quarterly forecast reviews, annual strategic planning, and execution to enhance profitability, productivity and quality throughout the site operations.
- Responsible for driving the site to achieve and surpass profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
- Review and improve organizational effectiveness by developing processes, managing and coaching employees, establishing a highly motivating work environment, and implementing innovative changes to enhance organizational collaborations.
- Develop and direct site management team to ensure achievement of operational metrics and exceeding customer satisfaction.
- Develop, implement and execute processes and systems that will generate higher productivity and revenue.
- Adhere to company policies, standards for excellence, and quality.
- Seek out opportunities for organic expansion and growth by developing and nurturing business relationships.
- Continually investigate and introduce process improvements and present suggestions to Regional Vice President and Ops council.
- Interface with site customers and participate in program operational reviews, QBRs and pricing discussions as needed.
- Provide guidance and feedback to team members to help strengthen specific knowledge and skills.
- Develop, implement, and maintain budgetary and resource allocation plans.
- Manage day-to-day operations, assign weekly performance goals and ensure site program completion, and accomplish your own goals.
- Maintain project timelines to ensure tasks are accomplished effectively.
- Delegate responsibilities to the best-qualified employees and enforce all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, training programs, and cultural values.
- Resolve internal staff conflicts efficiently and to the mutual benefit of all involved.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education/ Work Experience: Required skills and qualifications
- Proven and progressing success in a managerial role.
- Strong decision-making ability.
- Ability to effectively communicate, motivate, and influence peers and staff – drive for results and accountability.
- Champions change by fostering a positive change management mind-set.
- Proven ability to develop and achieve financial plans.
- Strong working knowledge of operational procedures from contract manufacturing, EMS and RL industries.
- Previous experience managing multiple programs, customers and multiple sites.
- Must have proven qualifications, leadership, and integrity throughout professional career, and ability to demonstrate immediate credibility to this highly visible position. Experience in conducting performance evaluations.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in business management or related field